- Based on popular Japanese mystery writer Keigo Higashino's story "Byakuyako," published first in Shueisha magazine from 1977 to 1979. "Byakuyako" was then compiled into a best selling novel.
- Filming began March 1, 2009.
- At a press conference for "White Night," held in Seoul on October 21st, director Shin-woo Park revealed he was part of a high school study group that also included main actress Son Ye-Jin.
- Actor Han Suk-Kyu initially turned down the role of Det. Dong-su Han because his character is over 50 years old and Han Suk-Kyu is in his 40's. Movie director Shin-woo Park then met with Han Suk-Kyu personally & persuaded him to accept the role.
- "White Night" opened #2 at the South Korean box office selling 292,504 tickets on 480 screens and accounting for 17.2% of all tickets sold during its opening Nov. 20th-22th weekend.
- Related titles:
- Into the White Night | Byakuyako (TBS / 2006)
- White Night | Baekyahaeng (2009)
- Byakuyako (2011)
A man is murdered shortly after his release from prison. Detective. Dong-su Han investigates the case, which leads him back to a homicide case that occured 14 years ago. An unsolved case that eats the soul of Det. Han to this day.
Meanwhile, Mi-ho (Son Ye Jin : Summer Scent, April Snow, Art of seduction) is set to marry the chief executive of a large conglomeration. An assistant (Lee Min Jung) to the executive chief is asked to do a background check on Mi-ho. She discovers that Mi-ho's mother was the primary suspect in an unsolved murder case 14 years ago. The assistant also notices another man, Yo-han (Go Soo : Green Rose, To marry millionaire, When a man is in love), who always seems to linger by Mi-ho's side.
Det. Dong-su Han becomes convinced that the victim's son from 14 year old murder case, Yo-han, is somehow involved in the recent murder. Det. Han then discovers a hidden relationship between Yo-han and Mi-ho. As more crimes occur, Det. Dong-su Han works frantically to uncover the truth ...